New vehicle prices are already rising an average $2,000 due to Trump tariffs. They could be hit with another big increase as the president readies a 50% tariff on the miles of copper found in today’s automobiles. Headlight.News has more.

New vehicle prices are already rising an average $2,000 due to Trump tariffs. They could be hit with another big increase as the president readies a 50% tariff on the miles of copper found in today’s automobiles. Headlight.News has more.
“The party’s over,” said one key analyst. While domestic carmakers reported a modest upturn boost in sales for June, the U.S. auto market largely stalled out as buyers began pulling back due to price increases caused by the Trump tariffs on imported autos and auto parts. Headlight.News has more on the winners and losers.
Expect to spend nearly $2,000 more for your next vehicle due to the Trump administration’s tariffs on imported autos and auto parts, automakers expected to pass on most of the $30 billion in higher costs they’ll face, according to a new study, But that could result in 1 million fewer sales this year, while some foreign-made vehicles will likely vanish from U.S. showrooms because they’ll be priced out of reach, reports Headlight.News.
If you’re planning to buy an import vehicle anytime soon be prepared to wait. Dealers around the country are beginning to run short of some foreign-made models, according to recent reports, as manufacturers reduce shipments to the U.S. due to the Trump auto tariffs. And that could spell trouble for motorists, in general, as the slowdown also impacts foreign-made service and repair parts. More from Headlight.News.
Facing potentially massive new tariffs on imported autos and auto parts, some manufacturers have begun planning ways to shift production to the U.S. That includes Volkswagen whose CEO said “massive” new investments could be coming – though a new court ruling could short-circuit such plans. More from Headlight.News.
Pres. Donald Trump is expected to deliver good news for the auto industry during a visit to Detroit Tuesday. U.S. Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick signaled there will be cuts made to the tariffs that were expected to result in as much as a 2 million unit reduction in new vehicle sales this year. Headlight.News has more.
President Donald Trump paused for 90 days most of the tariffs that went into effect earlier this month targeting virtually all U.S. trade partners. But he left in place sectoral tariffs, notably including those imparting import autos and auto parts, as well as foreign-made steel and aluminum. He also increased tariffs on countries, such as China, that responded to his original order with increased trade sanctions of their own. Headlight.News has more.
The automotive tariffs going into effect next months could add thousands, even tens of thousands, of dollars to the cost of new vehicles. But Pres. Donald Trump raised the threat that he might punish manufacturers who pass tariff costs on to consumers. More from Headlight.News.