NEW: Get Updates by Email

Ford

Stellantis’ U.S. Boss May Soon Be Running the Entire Company

Stellantis’ U.S. Boss May Soon Be Running the Entire Company

Nearly a half year after the unexpected resignation of Carlos Tavares, the founding chief executive of Stellantis, the Euro-American automaker has yet to name a replacement. But the search may be coming to an end, according to a new report which says Antonio Filosa, currently the head of Americas operations for Stellantis, has become the leading candidate.

Ford Raising Prices on Mexican-Made Products

Ford Raising Prices on Mexican-Made Products

Ford Motor Co. plans to raise prices on three popular product lines assembled in Mexico, according to an advisory sent to dealers. The automaker put the blame on the new Trump auto tariffs which, it said earlier this week, will add about $2.5 billion to its costs this year. The automaker has yet to say whether it also will raise prices on products produced at Canadian and other foreign plants, as well as those assembled in the U.S. using foreign-made parts. Headlight.News looks at whether othr products could see price hikes,

Ford Posts Lower Profits, Predicts $1.5 Billion Hit Due to Tariffs

Ford Posts Lower Profits, Predicts $1.5 Billion Hit Due to Tariffs

As expected, Ford Motor Co. reported a drop in earnings and profits for the first quarter of 2025. The company also suspended its earnings guidance for the rest of the year, but did estimate the new tariffs could cost the automaker about $1.5 billion. Get details at Headlight.News.

Auto Prices Going Up, Even Before Tariff Hit

Auto Prices Going Up, Even Before Tariff Hit

Millions of American motorists have been rushing to buy before the Trump auto tariffs take hold. But automakers and auto dealers were already driving up transaction prices even before the sanctions went into effect on May 3, despite White House claims prices won’t rise. If anything, costs are going to continue going up, reports Headlight.News.

Toyota Teaming Up With Waymo on Autonomous Vehicles

Toyota Teaming Up With Waymo on Autonomous Vehicles

Waymo and Toyota are teaming up. The Japanese giant will help develop a new autonomous vehicle platform for the Google spin-off which has become the U.S. leader in driverless ride-sharing technology. The announcement comes days after VW and Uber revealed their own autonomous alliance. More from Headlight.News.

April Sales Surge as Buyers Rush to Beat Tariffs – But Trouble Looms Ahead

April Sales Surge as Buyers Rush to Beat Tariffs – But Trouble Looms Ahead

Buyers worried about future price increase under Trump tariff plans kept dealers busy during April. But momentum is expected to sputter out when sanctions go into effect on May 3, potentially raising vehicle prices by thousands of dollars. Headlight.News has more.

Tesla Trade-in Prices Post Industry’s Largest Decline

Tesla Trade-in Prices Post Industry’s Largest Decline

Looking for a good deal on a used vehicle? The price for a previously owned Tesla Model S posted the industry’s biggest year-over-year decline, according to dealer sales records. Tesla products, on the whole, have plunged in value as backlash grows to CEO Elon Musk’s role in the Trump administration. Headlight.News has more.

Backed By Amazon Money, the Era of the Affordable EV Has Arrived

Backed By Amazon Money, the Era of the Affordable EV Has Arrived

Millions of American motorists have been priced out of the new vehicle market, all the more so when it comes to EVs which currently average about $55,000 apiece. But Slate Auto, a new start-up backed by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, is determined to change that equation. On Thursday, it gave the world a first look at a flexible new, all-electric pickup set to go on sale in 2026. Designed to be extremely customizable, it’s expected to start under $20,000 when you factor in federal EV tax credits. Headlight.News was there for the big debut.

Tesla’s Entry EV Now Slated to Launch Production in June

Tesla’s Entry EV Now Slated to Launch Production in June

Better late than never? Tesla has spent years debating whether to add a more affordable EV to its existing line-up. It’s finally moving forward and, despite yet another delay, will finally add the vehicle to its line-up in June. Details have yet to be released but it’s expected to be a stripped-down version of Model Y starting at less than $30,000 — with a low-priced take on the Model 3 likely to follow. But will this draw in entirely new buyers or cannibalize sales of Tesla’s existing line-up? More from Headlight.News.