With its new Mustang GTD getting now inproduction, Ford Motor Co. may add another supercar to its line-up – this time a 1,000-hp off-roader that could handle desert road races like the Dakar Rally, said CEO Jim Farley. Headlight.News has more.
With its new Mustang GTD getting now inproduction, Ford Motor Co. may add another supercar to its line-up – this time a 1,000-hp off-roader that could handle desert road races like the Dakar Rally, said CEO Jim Farley. Headlight.News has more.
EV sales will “flatten considerably” once federal tax credits expire at the end of September, according to a new study. Even with more affordable models coming to market, EV market share will be nearly half what was previously expected before Congress voted to eliminate the incentives. Hoping to clear out inventory before then, automakers have launched a variety of deals that could put some buyers behind the wheel of an EV for less than $100 a month. More from Headlight.News.
Ford marked the 60th anniversary of the iconic Bronco off-roader by rolling out a series of special editions during Monterey Car Week. But it saved what was arguably the best for a surprise debut at the annual Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. The question is whether the Blue Oval brand might actually decide to put the Bronco Roadster Concept into production, even though it’s describing the show car as a “one-off.” More from Headlight.News.
Ford’s plan to bring out a midsize $30,000 battery-electric pickup could be great news for buyers looking for an affordable EV. But it might be bad news for Slate, the suburban Detroit start-up that only recently announced plans to launch its own low-cost truck. More from Headlight.News.
It’s been nearly two years since General Motors pulled the Chevrolet Camaro off life-support, the once formidable muscle car barely making a dent in the market by then. But fans have nonetheless pleaded with GM ever since to bring it back. Now, fueled by insider reports and comments from the automaker’s Pres. Mark Reuss, new reports suggest Camaro really is coming back – just not as you might expect it.
Ford will invest $5 billion to set up its “Universal EV” program – and, it claims, completely transform the way vehicles are designed, engineered and manufactured. The test will come with the 2027 launch of a new, all-electric midsize pickup, said CEO Jim Farley, with a “targeted price of $30,000.” But there could be a cost in terms of long-term automotive employment, reports Headlight.News.
As it shifts to a new generation of “affordable” EVs, Ford Motor Co. will delay two other battery-electric projects, including the next-generation F-150 Lightning pickup. It may also look at adding hybrids and other products to what was supposed to be the all-electric Blue Oval City manufacturing complex outside Memphis, reports Headlight.News.
Feel the need for speed? Just make sure you have a fat wallet. Chevrolet revealed the new 2026 Corvette ZR1X, its 1,250-hp hybrid hypercar, will set you back $207,395 plus delivery fees. But that’s a fraction of what comparable European competitors command. Headlight.News has more on ZR1X pricing – and a unique new special launch edition of the hypercar.
Pres. Donald Trump’s tariffs will add billions to the cost of manufacturing vehicles in the U.S., as well as importing products from abroad. So far, however, automakers have been reluctant to pass those higher costs onto consumers, fearing that could trigger a sharp downturn in demand. How long they can continue swallowing those higher costs remains to be seen. More from Headlight.News.
Automakers, especially Asian brands, posted healthy sales for July. But the pace is expected to slow as the economy turns sluggish from Trump’s tariffs and as unemployment begins to climb.
Ford’s push into affordable EVs appears to be coming a big step closer to reality, CEO Jim Farly planning to make a major announcement on August 11 at the automaker’s assembly plant in Louisville, Kentucky next week. It will be, the CEO suggested, “a Model T moment,” referencing the legendary vehicle that put Ford on the map more than a century ago. More from Headlight.News.
Ford released its second-quarter earnings results, setting a new record with $50.2 billion in revenue, but it wasn’t enough to keep it out of the red. The company recorded a net loss of $36 million. Get the rest of the numbers at Headlight.News.